Monday, October 17, 2005

au secours!

The Z happened to run with a Windows Xp Pro Japanese version.
2 days ago when I started up the iTunes, it offered an update.
I agreed on it and did all the necessary download.
Installed.. but stalled when it tried to install the Quicktime part.

Naturally impatient, I tried to patch things up myself.
It went nose-dive from there..
Did a little research (Sunday afternoon) and tried pretty much all the possibilities..
And there I was... stuck!

It was a little after 4am...
I was feeling hopeless and about to break down in tears...
Just then Geek Squad commercial appeared on TV.
24-hour PC service. Eurêka!
Went to their website...
No matter where you purchased your PC, Agents can help you

Hmm.. the service was actually quite pricey.
I thought why not gave them a chance.

A guy who sounded like a machine -- almost emotionless picked up from the other side..
He asked all the necessary questions and gave me a rate -- Thank God, it wasn't as bad as I thought...
What if in the middle of the guide, I freak out and want to cancel?
Oh no... We will take care of you until we fix it!
I was desperate and willing to believe anything, so I gave him my card number.

I was transferred to the technician -- just as emotionless and gave him a briefing as well.
He started up his pointers...
I didn't want to waste his time and be more frustrated.
So, I said to him: I think the main problem here is that I don't know what to do with the Japanese Xp. Unless you have the same system running in front of you, then we can speak the same language.
He put me on hold.
A few seconds later, he apologized and forwarded me to the refund center.

By the way, I have nothing against Geek Squad.
I was relieved (briefly) to know they were on duty 24-hrs.
But if your OS is originally foreign (e.g. a Japanese), you are as hopeless in this land as I am...

2 Comments:

Blogger Capung Tan said...

so it hasn't been fixed? what do you need to fix it? i thought you have several japz friends, maybe they can refer you to the right person?

10:15 AM  
Blogger sphinxku said...

to say the least, my neighbor came to rescue! hurrraaaaaaah!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home