Thursday, November 24, 2005

le sans-abri

Sure Novi was the first one to invite me for Thanksgiving dinner.
The thing was, I didn't think I'd last the whole weekend in Nyack, away from my juicer and all the vegetables.
So I took, Idil's invitation instead -- 9 blocks away and 4 hours long tops!

I intentionally arrived an hour later, hoping they were half way through dinner, I didn't have too eat too much!
Alas! Idil caught up with me!
She just made everybody drink drink and drink.. and served the dinner a little after I arrived.

idil in the middle
Anyway, there were 15 of us, the homeless as she called it, since we had no home (family) to celebrate the feast.
Ari did most of the cooking, called his father for recipes.
There were mashed potatoes, yams, string beans, cranberry sauce, and of course, the bird of the day. Delish!
Half way through the dinner, we ran out of gravy...
I was silently thankful.
The gravy made everything so tasty... time to stop eating!
Closed the dinner with homemade pumpkin pie and a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream.. yum~ yumm~

It was 11pm, 27F when the last party left the building into the howling wind~

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home