Saturday, December 03, 2005

sur l'étape

il y a quelque chose mieux m'attend,
la seule manière de découvrir est a laisser quelque chose que j'adore~


I heard about this gig awhile ago and received an invitation from Anat Fort.
Since I wouldn't make it to the real concert in Tel Aviv, I decided to cross the river to see her trio and the string sextet play at Puffin Cultural Forum.
The ride was a breeze.
Arrived 'fashionably late' as New Yorker's do, right in the middle of nowhere!
After walking to and fro for about 5 mins, I found the sign to the Forum -- right across the street from the bus stop, duh!

As I stepped in, I was saluted by the drums.
Made a quick stop at the ladies' room, then found a spot in the back corner.
The trio was amazing.
I was especially in love with the farmer sings to his field piece, beautiful!

Stepped outside on the break and returned some calls.
I wasn't expecting to socialize or.. maybe just avoiding somebody.
Alas! He caught me on my way in.
So there we went.
Had a little chat and he was surprised that he was the last one to know about my "pilgrimage".

Sat down for the second session and had a lot of thought.
The sextet strings improvised radiantly.
When Ayelet came to stage and sang this amazing song in Hebrew, I thought of a lady in the past. If we were still in good terms, I would take her to see this concert. I was sure she would enjoy.

Tonite, there were so many feelings emerged that I didn't even know how to put them in words.
On the way out, my friend (still?) tucked my coat and hitched me a ride with the band.
Crossing the bridge, little lights of New York awaited in the distance.
I thought of how much I loved this city.. and how hard it would be to let go..

There were no more words that could come out...
Only tears I would not let shed...
I was glad it was dark~

wenn sie die anmerkung von November 15 lasen,
würden sie wissen, daß sie das erste waren...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home